The Office of International Education (OIE) serves as a primary contact for both inbound and outbound educational matters and supports international students studying here at Alfred State, students wishing to study abroad, and faculty/staff as they seek to develop or run programs abroad.
Cyan Corwine serves as the coordinator for all international education matters on campus and is more than happy to help guide and support students, parents, staff, or faculty in this area. Please do not hesitate to contact our office!
Additional resources for the areas serviced by this area can be found here:
- Study Abroad Student Information
- Accepted International Students
- Faculty Study Abroad Program Development
All initiatives will also seek to employ and reinforce our college's core values of respect, integrity, service, and dedication.
The programming initiatives supported through this office seek to enhance opportunities for meaningful cross-cultural exchange while helping our students foster global competencies and context that will serve them well in their communities and in a competitive workplace.
Through our programming initiatives, here and abroad, we hope to foster positive attitudes, and help people develop their skills, and knowledge in a global context:
- Be willing to learn from others who are culturally different;
- Accept cultural differences and develop a respectful cultural curiosity;
- Appreciate the unique identifiers of different peoples: from language and religion to art and philosophies.
- Interpret issues and situations from more than one cultural perspective;
- Use knowledge, diverse cultural frames of reference, and alternative perspectives to think critically and to develop more meaningful and just relationships within personal communities;
- Explore and develop abilities in another language.
- Of personal culture in a global and comparative context.
- Understand how historical and current forces shape world systems.
- Exposure to other languages and cultures (beliefs, values, perspectives, practices, and products).