The 350-hour Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor program is a non-credit certificate program through the Center for Community Education and Training at Alfred State. Courses are non-transferrable to any credit bearing program.
- All courses are offered online with the exception of 18-hours of “Skills Seminars” to practice what you have learned.
- Students are required to purchase two books that they will use throughout the program.
- Students will complete a 300-hour clinical internship to get hands-on experience in the field.
- Students who already work in the field and have a clinical supervisor do not have to do the clinical internship as long as their clinical supervisor can sign off on their ability to perform the 12 core functions of a substance abuse counselor. The certificate of completion will not be given until the Center for Community Education and Training has this sign off.
- Program highlights and process (pdf)
- Student application (pdf)
- Courses with cost breakdown (pdf)
- Internship (pdf)
Students Lacking a Few CASAC Hours
Students who lack hours to complete the CASAC program may take their remaining hours from Alfred State. Please contact NYS OASAS and ask for a deficiency listing sheet of the classes lacking to complete the program then contact The Center for Community Education and Training at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options.
Alfred State offers recredentialing/renewal hours. Contact us at email@example.com for more details and course schedule.