This page contains links to other web sites which can help you through the financial aid process.
- Applying for Financial Aid
- Financial Aid Guides and General Information
- Miscellaneous Sites Related to the Financial Aid Process
- https://studentaid.gov - Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) electronically on the web. Alfred State's Title IV school code is 002854. Completing your FAFSA online will automatically calculate your Expected Family Contribution (EFC).
- https://studentaid.gov - Complete the Federal Direct Stafford Loan Agreement (MPN) and Federal Direct Stafford Loan Entrance Counseling if you are a first time student borrower. Parents also complete the Federal Direct PLUS Loan process which includes a credit check and the completion of a Federal Direct PLUS Loan Agreement (MPN).
- https://www.tap.hesc.ny.gov/totw/ - Upon completion of FAFSA on the web you will be taken to a direct link to apply for the NYS Tuition Assistance Program (TAP), but the online application can also be accessed directly at this site. You must be a NYS resident and have listed at least one NYS college or university on your FAFSA to complete your TAP application online. The TAP school code is 3005 for students enrolled in associate degree programs and 6005 for bachelor degree programs.
- http://www.hesc.ny.gov - Check the status of your TAP offer, change your TAP school code or mailing address, and request a duplicate TAP application or correction form.
- http://www.nysaves.org - Questions and answers about New York State's College Savings Program.
- https://studentaid.gov - A comprehensive financial aid site for students and their parents.
- http://www.irs.gov/individuals - The IRS answers your tax questions pertaining to education tax credits, IRAs, student loan interest deductions, and tax law changes.
- http://www.nslds.ed.gov - This site contains your student loan history. You will need your federal PIN number to enter.
- http://www.nslc.org - Loan Locator at the National Student Loan Clearinghouse will help you find out who services your student loans and how to contact them.
- http://www.sss.gov - Register online for the military draft with the Selective Service System. All males ages 18-25 must register in order to receive federal financial aid.
- http://www.gibill.va.gov - Information on VA education benefits. If you served on Active Duty, you might be eligible for education benefits offered by the Department of Veterans Affairs. If you are currently serving in the military, you may be eligible for funding offered through the Department of Defense Tuition Assistance program. Also, if you are the spouse or child of a service member you may be eligible for certain Department of Defense financial assistance or Post-9/11 GI Bill® transfer of service benefits.
- http://slsc.albany.edu - The SUNY Student Loan Service Center can give you information on the servicing of your Nursing Student Loans after you leave Alfred State.
- http://www.nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator - This site provides selected data from over 7,000 postsecondary institutions. It offers a wide range of information including programs offered, retention and graduation rates, financial aid available, cohort default rates (CDR), campus safety, accreditation, and estimated student expenses. Users can build a list of schools for side by side comparison, use an interactive map to pinpoint the schools location and export information into a spreadsheet.
- http://www.college.gov - This site was developed by the U.S. Department of Education in collaboration with students. It provides relevant, comprehensive information about why to go, how to go and how to pay for college or other postsecondary education programs. For students who may not have considered higher education a viable option, this site will encourage them to create a "roadmap" for college.
Important Note: GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by the VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.