Spring 2020 Room Sign-ups – First Year Student or Transfer Student
The online room sign-up process will close on BannerWeb on Jan. 16, 2020. If you are looking to sign-up for a room for the spring 2020 semester, please log into your BannerWeb account:
Instructions for new students:
Enter our housing portal at http://web.alfredstate.edu/Banweb.
Click the link "Continue," then "Enter Secure Area."
Login: Enter your user ID number or social security number (i.e., 999999999) and your login PIN. Your initial PIN number is a random set of six characters and numbers that you received in a paper letter or an email message to your Alfred State account. Continuing students will use the PIN they have set up.
- Important for first time users:
- Once you log in, you will be asked to create a new PIN and set up a security question and answer. The question and answer will help you access your account if you ever forget your PIN.
- Note: When creating your new login PIN, be sure to make it easy to remember. The PIN must be six digits in the form of characters/numbers or any combination thereof. It's advisable to use words, not numbers or dates for your security question and answer.
- This PIN must be used whenever you log in to the secure area of BannerWeb to register for classes, process your bill, request transcripts, print unofficial transcripts, change mailing address, print unofficial transcripts, change mailing address, check your grades, etc.
- Click "Student Services & Financial Aid."
- Click "Residential Life."
- Click "Residence Hall Room Selection."
- Select the term (i.e., spring 2020) and click "Select Term."
- Click in the Drop-Down Menu to select your room (note: this will tell you the type of room and how many beds are available in the room and will give you any and all information available on the current occupant in the room).
- Click on “Select Room.”
- Check over the information on the on the confirmation page and verify that the student currently listed is who you want to room with.
- If you would like to reside in the assignment, you choose to select “Save This Room Selection.”
- If you would like to choose, a different room select “Select a Different Room” and repeat step 8.
- To logout, click the "Exit" button.
- Click "Return to Homepage."
- Close your web browser to secure your records.
Please note: The only single rooms available on campus are listed in BannerWeb and are located in the MacKenzie Complex (single rooms will have a note that states ”single room extra cost.”
Please know that at this late date there are no single rooms available on campus. If you are not familiar with our housing options, please feel free to check out our housing choices online.
Please be aware that there are different costs for some room assignments, so please make sure that you check the price of the room that you are selecting.
Spring 2020 Room Sign-ups – Returning Students
Returning students will be permitted to change their housing assignments when they return to campus during our open room changes process (please see below for some details).
Note: If you are a returning student that did not live on campus for the fall 2019 semester and wish to move onto campus please contact our department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your top 3 building choices.
Spring 2020 Open Room Changes
Space permitting, we will be conducting Open Room Changes within the first two weeks of the fall semester. Details of this process will be available on Student Announce at the beginning of the spring 2020 semester.